Attendees will be able to check in October 7, Friday afternoon. Meet your sister DBE members at a welcome reception Friday evening. An all-day meeting will be held Saturday, October 8. The registration form should be returned by September 16, 2016 to Mary Hawks along with payment; please contact your Regent for a copy of the registration form, if you have not yet received one.
Please note that the rooms at the Residence Inn are all suites. The four room options sleep anywhere from four to six people and they all include a living room for extra space. This will make your rooms very reasonable if you share. Breakfast is included in the rate.
You must book your room by September 16, 2016 to take advantage of our DBE rate.
Click here to see your room options or call 1-888-236-2427 and ask for Daughters of British Empire rate. The Residence Inn is part of The Legends, a premiere outdoor mall with outlet shopping, 26 restaurants, and entertainment (concerts, movies). The 750,000 square feet mall includes many shops and places you won’t find everywhere in the Midwest like Cabela’s and Great Wolf Lodge.
For more information, contact:
Mary Hawks and Judy Hollingshead
Agenda for the Midwest District Meeting
Friday, October 7
- 3 to 6 pm Registration, check -in at Residence Inn at the Legends
DBE welcome desk near Hospitality Room in Lobby
Hospitality Room in hotel lobby open 3 to 6 pm
- 6 to 10 pm Join us for heavy hors d’oeuvres and wine in the Hospitality
Suite in the Residence Inn Lobby, OR dinner on your own.
Saturday, October 8
- 7 am to 9 am Breakfast in hotel lobby, included with your room
- 9 am to Noon Midwest District Meeting at Dave and Busters, across the street from the Residence Inn. Midwest District Meeting is organized by Diana Nichols, Midwest District Organizer. Meeting Room: Showroom
- Noon Luncheon, included with your registration fee. (For menu, see Registration Form)
- 12:45 pm Guest Speaker, Megan Stephens
Megan is the President and Partner of Willoughby Design. A dynamic workshop moderator, Megan is an expert in guiding groups to understanding core vision, values, and goals.
- 1:30 pm Midwest District Meeting resumes
- 3:00 pm Adjourn to hotel for tea and breakout sessions
- 3 pm to 5 pm Tea and Breakout sessions in Hospitality Suite, Residence Inn
- 6 pm to 10 pm Join us at Yardhouse Restaurant across the street (self pay) OR Dinner on your own
Sunday, October 9
- 7 am to 9:30 am Breakfast
- Possible trips to KC sites (on your own)